morbid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go West Old Man, Go West

5 posters

Go down

Go West Old Man, Go West Empty Go West Old Man, Go West

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sat May 19, 2012 8:59 pm

We started our road trip back to Caldwell Idaho today (05/19/12). We are taking in as many sights as we can with our friends from Idaho that came out here to help us move West. So, they went to New York City to see the sights on Thursday and Friday and took the red eye train from NYC to Poughkeepsie New York where we met them and stated our road trip tour of the USA. We are in Niagara Falls NY, we took the Maiden Of The Mist boat ride that goes around the horse shoe falls, and the other falls, then we had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe' (where the music was blasting my ear drums to pieces, and then we went back to the falls for the evening light show. All in all we had a total blast. Tomorrow we start our trek to Mt Rushmore National Park to see the sights. That is a 1430 mile trip from Niagara Falls, which should take about 2 long driving days (about 12 hour days). We are taking lots of pictures, so if anyone is interested in looking at them I'll post them on my photobucket account and post a link after I get my main PC online at the new house. If these updates bore anyone I am sorry and you can tell me to stop them (not that I'll stop, but you can vent and tell me to stop). See you all online soon
Pete
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Go West Old Man, Go West Empty Re: Go West Old Man, Go West

Post  morbid_thompsongunner Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 am

Don't know why but somehow I can't get this image out of my head. Laughing

Go West Old Man, Go West Oxen
morbid_thompsongunner
morbid_thompsongunner
O-4 Major
O-4 Major

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_kamikaze Sun May 20, 2012 3:44 am

East bound a dooown loaded up and truckin...oh wait, wrong way...
morbid_kamikaze
morbid_kamikaze
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 am

Toured Niagara Falls and headed West to Rapid City South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore. We made the trek in 2 long 12 hour days (over 1200 miles). The monument park opens at 0800 and we will see it and head West to Idaho. I figure that will be a 2 day trek and then it is to our new house for a painting party. Movers will be allowed to unload on June 1st in the afternoon, ONLY.....
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_kamikaze Tue May 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Entice them with free beer! Plus...do you have a BBQ? Very Happy
morbid_kamikaze
morbid_kamikaze
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Tue May 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Mt Rushmore was totally awesome. I took pics and will post once I get my home internet working. See you all soon.
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Wed May 23, 2012 6:02 am

Well, today is the last part of the heading West saga. We should be in Idaho sometime this evening and then the fun starts.
cheers cheers cheers
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_kamikaze Wed May 23, 2012 10:23 am

So, does the house have much work to be done on it? Sounds like you have been a busy chap. Always wanted to see Mt Rushmore as well.
morbid_kamikaze
morbid_kamikaze
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:40 am

Hello All,

Well, after a whirlwind tour of the sights on our way back to Idaho we arrived in Idaho on May 26, 2012 and started painting the new house on the 27th. We spent the next 6 days painting our asses off and completed the painting on the 31st of May. We are now waiting for the moving van to arrive and our new bed to be delivered today (June 1st). I must appologize for not posting anything sooner, but after spending 12 hours a day painting, I just didn't have the energy to post. The internet was hooked up on the 28th of May (only 1 day after requesting it and that was a total surprise). So, I should be online to play and communicate on a regular basis starting Sunday (June 3, 2012). See you all soon. Oh, I forgot to mention that while painting the master bedroom's vaulted ceiling my extension ladder lost its footing and dropped with me on it. It was a drop of about 14 feet. I stayed with the ladder (as I was taught years ago) and received minimum injuries. I have several cuts, bruises, and a slight fracture of my lower left shin bone (which I all ready removed the cast from so I can climb the ladder to paint). All in all we are all right and ready to settle in.
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_wickedbitch Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Hope you are ok Pete.. Sorry to hear about the ladder incident! Very Happy
morbid_wickedbitch
morbid_wickedbitch

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 pm

It definately proved the law of gravity,,,lol. It does have it's ups and downs,,,,lol. Seriously though, it was just a hairline fracture that required me to wear a walking cast for a few weeks, so I just removed it a tad early.... So, I figured out the force I hit the ground at, you fall at 32 feet per second squared times your weight (235) and the force is 7520 pounds of force. I can tell you that I did feel every pound of force and it made one hell of a noise...

Today is Sunday June 3rd and I was woke up by the moving van driver at 0630 (after staying awake until 0400 playing tanks with Jambo). I took a ton of pictures of all the damaged items they delivered and I am thinking about taking them to small claims court for the damages. These movers SUCK A BIG ONE....
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_bob Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 am

At least the neighbours are ok I love you
morbid_bob
morbid_bob
E-5 Sergeant
E-5 Sergeant

Back to top Go down