morbid
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Tank Company Battle

+2
morbid_bolter
morbid_dragonbreath1
6 posters

Go down

Another Tank Company Battle Empty Another Tank Company Battle

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 am

Hi All,

I would like to host another tank company on 29/02/12 (Wednesday). Let me know if you can attend. It will be the same format as the last time (champion level).

Pete
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Another Tank Company Battle Empty Re: Another Tank Company Battle

Post  morbid_bolter Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:07 am

well i think off i'll be online just gimmie a shout Very Happy
morbid_bolter
morbid_bolter
O-11 General of the Army
O-11 General of the Army

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 am

morbid_bolter wrote:well i think off i'll be online just gimmie a shout Very Happy

This time I will check Xfire and Steam for you.
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 am

Okay, here's what I figure: Bob wanted the tank company to happen at 2030 his time, 1930 UK time, and 1430 my time. So, if you are intrested in joining the tank company, please be on W-o-T before the battle time and I will invite you to the company. Let's have some fun and play together....
cheers cheers cheers
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_kamikaze Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 am

Wish I could, but can't this time Sad
morbid_kamikaze
morbid_kamikaze
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_bob Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:11 pm

As I recall, we had 2 wins and a lot more losses... Don't know what lesson we can learn though... Guess I'm not that insightfull
morbid_bob
morbid_bob
E-5 Sergeant
E-5 Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 am

morbid_bob wrote:As I recall, we had 2 wins and a lot more losses... Don't know what lesson we can learn though... Guess I'm not that insightfull

Here's what I learned:

1. Never host a tank company because you get blamed for everything.
2. Mute all players because everyone has their own idea on how to play.
3. Do not try to plan an attack because everyone does what they want anyway.

So, after learning all that I've decided not to host anymore tank companys. Someone else can do that and get blamed for the losses....
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_bob Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 am

Well All I know is that I had fun, even with all the losses.

But you are correct about us not being coördinated Embarassed

As for hosting, I'm not up for that, I will join and take orders if another one wants to 'lead' and if I can make it off course...
morbid_bob
morbid_bob
E-5 Sergeant
E-5 Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_thompsongunner Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Pete why should company play be different then squad play? Just because we play with a few more players on the map and in TS doesn't make us team players all of a sudden. We have a hard time making or sticking to a plan in a squad and I have yet to see any of us play for the good of the team as opposed to individual scores/kills.

In squads we are up against people that mostly play like us or the times when one ore more enemy squads actually play coordinated we loose.

In companies we are up against (for the most part) real clans as far a actual playing goes we (and I mean all of us regardless of tag) are people who happen to enjoy playing together, but as far as actual teamwork goes we have a lot to learn.

This is obviously no ones fault it just shows that we are not ready. Coming up with a general tactic while the map is loading is a bit late IMHO again not anyones fault just fact.
morbid_thompsongunner
morbid_thompsongunner
O-4 Major
O-4 Major

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:26 am

morbid_thompsongunner wrote:Pete why should company play be different then squad play? Just because we play with a few more players on the map and in TS doesn't make us team players all of a sudden. We have a hard time making or sticking to a plan in a squad and I have yet to see any of us play for the good of the team as opposed to individual scores/kills.

In squads we are up against people that mostly play like us or the times when one ore more enemy squads actually play coordinated we loose.

In companies we are up against (for the most part) real clans as far a actual playing goes we (and I mean all of us regardless of tag) are people who happen to enjoy playing together, but as far as actual teamwork goes we have a lot to learn.

This is obviously no ones fault it just shows that we are not ready. Coming up with a general tactic while the map is loading is a bit late IMHO again not anyones fault just fact.

I agree with what you have said. I did have fun. I did notice that some of our players were not ready to loose as much as they did (credits) and that did put a strain on what tanks were played. As far as team tactics go, we have none. I just don't want to host anymore tank companys. Let someone else get the after battle fall out for a change....
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_kamikaze Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:55 am

Would it work if, within your tank platoon, you split into two squads? And all members of a squad stick together in some sort of formation. Maaaay be easier to control? (unless you aready tried, I apologise). Wish I could be up there with you guys!
morbid_kamikaze
morbid_kamikaze
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_wickedbitch Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:33 am

I know, I do not play and I have not played in any battles, but, I am going to put in my two cents anyway, like any of you are surprised.. morbid used to "compete" it was so long ago I don't even remember what game it was, maybe BF2, anyway, the reason we never won anything was because there was no structure or practice of any kind. We never played as a team. So maybe you guys should practice and figure it out before you go in hog wild and lose. Just saying!
morbid_wickedbitch
morbid_wickedbitch

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 pm

You split into 2 squads and then you get strays running all over. Practice is a great idea, just it is hard as hell to get everyone on to do it. I must appologize, I just needed to vent. So, when the players get enough credits saved up to have another tank company (and someone else hosts it) I'll be there with my teir 8 tanks to support. See you on the battlefield.
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_bolter Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:58 am

pete just because u hosted it it's not your fault we lost,as u said one main problem is everybody has there own ideas how to play, it was a lot of fun and that is how it should be, i know losing sux
but some some of those tnk clans worked together really well especially the guys with the arty.
In bf2 it was easier to split into groups could we do that 4 groups of three stop people playing as
individualls.
morbid_bolter
morbid_bolter
O-11 General of the Army
O-11 General of the Army

Back to top Go down

Post  morbid_dragonbreath1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 am

I must admit it, I had a blast playing in the tank company. I did feel bad for Alex when he said he didn't have enouhg credits to repair his tank. I don't think that he knew that the opposing team gets half of you credits and half of your experience points. A tank company battle is the only time I can loose credits with my Lowe or KV-5. Thanks for the incurragement (probable spelt it wrong)Bolts, I did feel it was my fault for the losses.
morbid_dragonbreath1
morbid_dragonbreath1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down